CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Breakfast in bed

Juliette woke up today at 8:00 am sharp - as usual. I told her she could go watch some tv while i tried to get a few more minutes of sleep after being up four times during the night. I can never really go back to sleep, but rather lay there half awake listening to what she is doing in the other room. Most of the time I can figure out what she is doing from the little random noises she makes. This morning was no different. I could hear her in the kitchen working on something. I figured she was just getting herself something to eat. A few minutes later I heard her come into my room and put something down and leave. A few minutes later she came back again, standing at the edge of my bed smiling. I rolled over and asked what she was doing. With a proud grin on her face she held up a small blue IKEA bowl holding tuna fish and said, "Mom, I made breakfast for you!" She set it down on my nightstand and ran over and got the bag of tortilla chips she had brought to the room earlier.

I could feel tears in my eyes as I thought about how much thought and effort she put into trying to make me something that she knows I like to eat and that she could figure out how to do all by herself. How did my little Juliette grow up to be such a tenderhearted and independant girl? I hope I will never forget this wonderful moment of having a tuna fish breakfast in bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment