CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Charlotte's Web


Salutations! The first book for my summer story-time with Juliette was a simple choice...Charlotte's Web. It's one of my very favorites. In fact, Ithink it's just about perfect. The perfect story of friendship. The unlikely companionship of Wilbur and Charlotte so beautifully captures the love and loyalty that make extraordinary friendships so special. The beautiful and poetic descriptions of the changing of the seasons quietly hint at the beauty of the cycle of life. Then there is Fern, the curious young girl who begins this story on a mission of justice for a small pig. There is so much to be found in this wonderful little book. I recently read this with Juliette - our first chapter book together. We would take a chapter or two in the afternoon, during Josh's naptime. As we read it together I loved listening to her thoughts about Wilbur, Charlotte, and Templeton the Rat. I am so happy I had the chance to revisit this jewel of a book from my childhood. What a wonderful way to spend a warm summer day together.

1 comments:

Amy Mak

THanks for the comment on my blog the other day. Such a cute blog you have here...and I'm a big fan of Charlotte's Web; one of my all-time favorites! Have a great week.

Post a Comment